Breakthrough Technology to Freeze Away Body Fat Now Available at The Gillian Institute
“CoolSculpting is an exciting new approach that is non-invasive and has shown significant results in clinical studies for removing fat without the potential risks and downtime of invasive procedures. I have found the procedure to be extremely effective, especially on resistant localized areas such as back fat, love handles and the isolated belly fat. CoolSculpting is extremely comfortable and our patients are highly satisfied,” said Dr. Kimberly Short.
Cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), CoolSculpting gently cools unwanted fat cells in the body thereby inducing a natural, controlled elimination of fat cells. Based on science developed by the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass., in the United States, this breakthrough is based on a vast body of research that demonstrates that fat cells are more susceptible to cold and are selectively, painlessly and permanently destroyed. Starting several weeks after the procedure, cooled fat cells begin a process called “apoptosis” and begin to shrink and disappear. The body proceeds to naturally and gradually eliminate the cooled fat cells, reducing the thickness of the fat layer.
Unlike many other methods of fat reduction, CoolSculpting involves no needles, surgery or downtime. During the procedure, a non-invasive applicator delivers precisely controlled cooling to the treatment area thereby specifically targeting fat. Treatments last between one to two hours. Patients can have additional procedures for more pronounced effects if they desire. On average, each CoolSculpting procedure results in an undeniable reduction of fat in the treated area, and patients can start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment, with the most dramatic results occurring over a period of two to four months in most patients.
To schedule your personal consultation, please call The Gillian Institute at 317.913.3260.
Breast augmentation is all about options! There is not one procedure or approach that works best for all patients.
Beware of a surgeon who only presents you with one approach to breast augmentation. All breasts are different. There are many breast implants available and they are not all the same. Dr Kimberly Short a plastic surgeon in Indianapolis, Indiana feels patient education and understanding of breast augmentation is critical to obtaining the best results. She reviews the many options.
Breast implants are not the best choice for everyone. At the Gillian Institute, we want to make sure you are informed about breast implants and breast surgery so you can make the best decision for you.
We will discuss the different incisions for your breast augmentation, the different breast implant styles, the placement of your implant under the chest muscles or above the muscles, and whether a breast lift will be necessary to give you the breast shape you desire.
As a mother and a female plastic surgeon in Indianapolis, IN, specializing in breast augmentation, breast lifts, and tummy tucks, Dr. Kimberly Short can relate to you personally as a woman and a mother.
Before you choose to have breast implants, get the facts!
- As a female plastic surgeon in Indianapolis, IN, I find that every woman is different-not only with respect to her desires about how she wants her breast implants to look, but also her anatomy and which breast implants will give her the best result.
- Today we have many breast implants available to us as plastic surgeons. Breast implants come in many shapes, sizes, and styles, so we can offer our patients desiring breast augmentation many choices. We can match the breast implant that will best fit your body proportionally and match your goals in choosing to have a breast augmentation.
- Breast augmentation is a very personal decision. Women in Indianapolis, IN, may choose a very different look than women prefer in Hollywood, CA, or other areas outside the Midwest. Some women prefer a more conservative, natural breast augmentation. Other women may choose breast implants that give them full, round, perky, less natural looking breasts.
- In considering breast augmentation, a woman and her plastic surgeon should discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches.
For example, placement of the implant above or below the chest muscles will have an effect on patient recovery, the motion of the implants after surgery when the muscles are flexed, the ability of the patient to feel the implants easily, and the way the implants will look after the tissues have healed. The amount of breast tissue that a patient has initially (before her surgery) is the most important factor in determining the best placement of her breast implants.
Other considerations will include:
- desire to lift weights or bodybuild, as these patients will have stronger chest muscles and more obvious movement of the implants when the muscles are flexed,
- desire for cleavage, as implants placed beneath the muscles will tend to separate over time because of the muscle pressures and cleavage will be decreased in many patients.
- Desire for a more round look versus a more natural look, as implants placed above the muscles may look more round depending on the patient’s anatomy
- Amount of “sagging” of the breast tissues prior to the augmentation.
- Silicone breast implants are now available and are an excellent option for many patients who desire a softer feel and a more natural look. Dr. Kimberly Short has been involved in the clinical studies for silicone breast implants since 1998 and has been placing silicone breast implants for her patients since that time. She discusses the pros and cons of silicone breast implants versus saline breast implants for each patient individually so they can make the decision whether silicone breast implants would be preferable.
As you can see, there are many decisions to address before breast implants are placed.
Dr. Short provides her patients with a video in the office that explains the different options prior to the consult; then she reviews each of her recommendations after she takes measurements and performs their exam.
As plastic surgeons, the goal is to give patients the breast augmentation they desire. Dr. Short will listen to your goals and discuss the options as well as any limitations regarding your breast augmentation surgery.
INDIANAPOLIS, IN – Wrinkling of implants usually is felt because there is a lack of breast tissue to cover the implant so that the wrinkles will not be seen or felt. All implants can wrinkle. In my experience, silicone implants wrinkle less than saline implants, high profile implants wrinkle less then lower profile implants, and smooth implants wrinkle less then textured implants. Placing an implant under the muscle will increase “coverage” of the implant; and therefore, decrease the chance of feeling or seeing wrinkles even if they are present. Also tighter tissues (which include tightness from the placement under the muscle) will keep implants from wrinkling more than loose tissues. For example, take a Ziploc baggie or balloon full of water and press it against your chest. Now ease up on the pressure and note how the bag/balloon wrinkles more as you relax the pressure. The wrinkles tend to be more prominent at the top of the baggie or balloon. This is why placing implants under the pectoralis muscle helps decrease the chance of feeling the wrinkles in the upper chest over the top of the implant where the muscle covers the implant.
In summary, we can make choices which can decrease the chance of wrinkling, or at least the chance of feeling the wrinkles. Unfortunately, no implant is perfect and as surgeons we cannot eliminate wrinkles. We can identify patients at higher risk for feeling these wrinkles and decrease this possibility with the choices we make together with the patients regarding implant placement and the type of implant we decide to place.
The person at highest risk is the woman who is very thin with minimal fat and minimal breast tissue that also has stretched or elastic/loose skin.
The decisions she can make which will help in minimizing wrinkles is a higher profile silicone smooth implant placed under the muscle.
Beyond this measure, treatment of implant wrinkles can become very difficult.
Dr Kimberly Short