Dr. Kimberly Short and staff welcome Dr. Robert Lewis to The Gillian Institute. Dr. Lewis is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and has been in private practice since July of 1998. He has over 17 years of surgical and patient care experience. The majority of his practice is elective cosmetic/aesthetic surgery. However, Dr. Lewis also has a broad experience in all forms of reconstructive and soft tissue hand surgery. He operates on all parts of the body for both cosmetic and reconstructive purposes.
The first two years of Dr. Lewis’ practice were spent in Peoria, Illinois near his hometown. He moved to the Youngstown area in July of 2000, and now joins Dr. Short here in Indianapolis.
Dr. Lewis sees his duty as listener, just as important as his surgical skills. You can be assured that Dr. Lewis will be open, honest and sincere with you in developing a plan to address your concerns. Your concerns in concert with your unique anatomy will be the driving force behind developing a surgical approach to your treatment.
Dr. Lewis is patient focused. He and The Gillian staff are dedicated to educating you about the surgery you are considering. From your initial phone call to your first office visit with Dr. Lewis, you will be treated with respect and kindness and devise a plan for your treatment. You will meet with Dr. Lewis personally before your procedure, and in follow up.
Training and Expertise
- Undergraduate degrees – DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
- Medical degree – University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria
- General Surgery Residency – Akron General Medical Center, Akron OH
- Plastic Surgery Residency – Summa Health Systems, Akron, OH
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship – Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, NY
- Master of Science, Biology – The University of Akron, Akron OH
Certification and Memberships
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- Completed, Maintenance of Certification (MOC) administered by the ABPS
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Member, Ohio State Medical Association
Dr. Lewis states,
“My practice includes all areas of plastic, reconstructive and hand surgery. I am fellowship trained in Aesthetic Surgery. I offer contemporary approaches to facial cosmetic surgery, breast enhancement/reconstruction and body contouring surgery.”
Dr. Lewis has the creativity and skill to recapture the healthier you. We would love to provide more information about cosmetic surgery, and schedule a consultation specifically designed for you.